A mini-history of evangelicalism in Canada. John G Stackhouse Jr. zips us through the decades form confederation to today.
Subscribe today to get complete access to all articles!
FT interview: One on one with the World Evangelical Alliance’s Christine MacMillan.
The rise and fall (and rise?) of evangelicalism in Canada; As our country celebrates 150 years since Confederation, we take a quick tour from east to west to reflect on the past, present and future of evangelical Christianity. By John G. Stackhouse Jr.
Seeking safety: How Canadian Christians can respond to refugees crossing the border. By Loren Balisky and Mark Glanville
You anoint my head with oil: What a Bronze Age warrior-king can teach us about friends and enemies. By Mark Buchanan
In each issue
Behind the scenes: Needed: good listeners. Listening is a higher priority than celebration By Karen Stiller and Bill Fledderus
Talking points: Letters to the editor, Milestones, New on our blog
- Scripture Union spreads His story, turns 150
- Church at the Beer Store
- Inspiring ideas
- PureFlix offers family-friendly streaming service
- Canadian academics birth Christian studies in majority Islamic nation
- Ministry helps couples discover marriage as God intended
- Note worthy
- Hope for Christians in post-Christian Canada
By the numbers: Faith and social issues
Question & answer: Standing with the persecuted. Doug McKenzie is chief executive officer of The Voice of the Martyrs Canada (VOMC), a charity dedicated to helping, loving and encouraging persecuted Christians.
The gathering place: A birthday gift for Canada :What better than a fully engaged evangelical church? By columnist Bruce J. Clemenger
News from the EFC: Responding to famine in Africa. Battling Pornography: A Guide for Canadians. And more.
History lesson: Southern pilgrims: Canadian Mennonites in Latin America. By columnist Kevin Flatt
Go with God: Speak truth to power: Use words when necessary. By columnist Carolyn Arends
Religion watch: You can’t please everyone: The leader of the Roman Catholic Church has his hands full. By columnist James A. Beverley
Business matters: Rethinking work-life balance. A more biblical and healthier alternative to balance By guest columnist Dr. Steve A. Brown
Global village By columnist C. David Donaldson
- WEA offers peacemakers worldwide
- More kidnapped girls freed in Nigeria
- Opportunity in Cambodia
Books & culture: Reviews
- Best writing of the year awarded
- An Explorer’s Guide to Karl Barth By David Guretzki
- Finding the Will of God – A Pagan Notion? By Bruce K. Waltke
- Restless for More: Fulfillment in Unexpected Places By Heidi McLaughlin
- Artwork by Kevin Coghill
- The Best Kind of People By Zoe Whittall
Christ & culture in Canada: Completing Canadian sentences, subject and – How do our lives preach about God to our neighbours? By columnist John G. Stackhouse, Jr.