Which selected articles from the latest issue will be posted online, and when? Check here to find out.
Subscribe today to get complete access to all articles!
Selected articles available to read free online have headlines shown in blue in most browsers.
FT interview: One on one with MCC refugee sponsorship expert Brian Dyck.
Three-part special report:
- Not Christian anymore: A major new EFC survey suggests half of Canadians are either agnostic, atheist or unreligious. By Rick Hiemstra
- Prioritizing vocation and stepping out in faith: By David Johnson
- Death and new life among resurrection people: By Jenna Smith
While we pray for miracles, God gives us grace: What should Christians think when prayers for healing seem unanswered? By Dave Jeffery
Psalms in the night: Biblical encouragement for troubled sleepers. By Nathanael Reed
Called to be a friend: A surprising and beautiful journey through refugee sponsorship. By Jeff Adams
When you become the poor among us. By Meagan Gillmore
In each issue
Behind the scenes: In the bleak midwinter. A season of reflection for Canadian churches. By the editors
Talking points: Readers write, New audio podcasts, New website posts, Upcoming webinars, Milestones
Cross connections: When we’re too proud to admit our pride. By columnist David Guretzki
- Nine faces of Christ: Drawings lift "greatest artist who ever lived" from obscurity
- Mature Christians need apply: New C. S. Lewis Institute program designed to help committed believers cultivate a deeper faith TO BE POSTED ONLINE FEB. 17
- Inspiring ideas
- A bucket means love: Mennonite Central Committee ships help and hope to refugees
- Fight 4 Freedom: Ministry tries to help Canadian victims of trafficking through simple interactions
- Threshold Ministries: Ministry equips Canadian evangelists TO BE POSTED ONLINE FEB. 10
- Note worthy: Newsbits
Church in community: Homes and meals for refugees at Faith Fellowship Baptist Church, Vancouver
At issue: Expanding medical assistance in dying
The gathering place: Generosity, compassion and courage. Kingdom principles to live by. By columnist Bruce J. Clemenger
News from the EFC: Resisting expansion of euthanasia law. How Porn Harms: What the Church Needs to Know. Refugee and good neighbour resource. Conscience protection in health care. Letter on election dates. Young adult research presentations. EFC community calendar.
History lesson: Strachan versus Ryerson. From broadsides to coach ride. By columnist Kevin Flatt
Go with God: Seizing the days. Taking the long view on carpe diem. By columnist Carolyn Arends TO BE POSTED ONLINE SOON
Religion Watch: Celebrity conversion. Is embracing religion just another way to make a splash? By columnist James A. Beverley
Global village By columnist C. David Donaldson
- 2020 named year of the Bible
- Palestinian Evangelicals recognized
- Evangelists launch network
Books & culture: Reviews TO BE POSTED ONLINE FEB. 3
- Miracles and Other Reasonable Things: A Story of Unlearning and Relearning God by Sarah Bessey
- Not Quite Us: Anti-Catholic Thought in English Canada since 1900 by Kevin P. Anderson
- Encountering World Religions: A Christian Introduction by David Johnston
- Defying Limits: Lessons from the Edge of the Universe by Dave Williams
- Artwork by Betty Spackman
Christ & culture in Canada: Will Christianity disappear from Canada? Our expectations will shape our actions. By columnist John G. Stackhouse, Jr. TO BE POSTED ONLINE JAN. 27