Multicultural Hospitality. Practical lessons from urban church planters.
Selected articles coming online soon. Subscribe today to get complete access to all articles!
FT interview: One on one with Marilyn Draper, assistant professor of practical theology at Tyndale University College & Seminary.
You cannot start a Filipino church in Toronto...: Lessons we're learning on multicultural hospitality for Canadian churches today By Narry Santos with Timothy Tang
Practising the practices of my faith: "I have no memory of life without God and I believe this is because of my mother's singing." By Patricia Paddey
A strange and painful grace: A pastor grapples with the harsh vocational realities of multiple deaths and funerals. By Peter Roebbelen
Canada and the Lausanne Global Workplace Forum: Transforming our work one step at a time. By Willy Kotiuga
Communal spirituality for churches and Christian non-profits. How can we make our organizations healthier? By Rod Wilson
Birdwatching and looking for God at work. By Darlene Pinter
In each issue
Learning as we go: Examples of the Holy Spirit leading believers to reach out
Talking points: Letters to the editor, Milestones, New audio podcasts
Cross connections: Seeking election wisdom. Doing our homework, including prayer, before voting. By David Guretzki (online Sept. 23)
By the numbers: Isolation and loneliness. Canadians fall into five groups, according to new study by Angus Reid Institute and Cardus.
- The purposeful poets
- Hotline launches to help end human trafficking
- Social enterprise meets addiction recovery in Ottawa (online Oct. 7)
- Supporting pastors' wives living in rural North America
- Note worthy
- Bowling alley provides unique church space
At issue: Civic engagement. History offers many examples of cultural and societal changes that began with one person, or a small group of like-minded people, moved by their beliefs and convictions to make the world a more compassionate, just and loving place.
The gathering place: In the midst of gods and idols. Honouring the Lord our God in 21st-century Canada. By columnist Bruce J. Clemenger (online Sept. 30)
News from the EFC: Interfaith conference videos now available. Essay and video contest for young adults. EFC Presidents Day. Our Roman Catholic Neighbours. Contact your MP with confidence.
Church in community: Super Bowl Sunday in church
Go with God: Clearing the air. The essential practice of keeping short accounts By columnist Carolyn Arends (online Oct. 21)
History lesson: Mission to postwar Germany. The gospel amid the ruins By columnist Kevin Flatt
Religion watch: Celebrity apostasy. When famous Christians renounce the faith. By columnist James A. Beverley
Global village By columnist C. David Donaldson
- IJM Bolivia marks 150th conviction
- Gender in religious persecution
- Korean fights trafficking
Books & culture: Reviews (online Oct. 14)
- Your Future Self Will Thank You: Secrets to Self-Control from the Bible and Brain Science By Paul Boge
- The Development Trap: How Thinking Big Fails the Poor By Adam D. Kiš
- Good News Church: Celebrating the Legacy of Harold Percy By Editors John Bowen and Michael Knowles
- Surprised by Paradox: The Promise of "And" in an "Either-Or" World. By Jen Pollock Michel
- Artwork by Gene Tempelmeyer
- The Boat People: A Novel. By Sharon Bala
Christ & culture in Canada: What do we need from our pastors? On the need to narrow the focus of today's church leaders. By columnist John G. Stackhouse, Jr. (online Oct. 28)