The cover story this issue examines a new pilgrimage route in Atlantic Canada. Which selected articles are posted here on our website? Check here to find out.
Subscribe today to get complete access to all articles! Personal print subscription is now free in Canada. Selected articles available to read free online have headlines shown in blue in most browsers.
FT interview: One on one with Compassion Canada President Allison Alley.
Blazing new trails in Atlantic Canada: How the ancient spiritual practice of pilgrimage meets modern needs By Rob Fennell
Exploring the mystery through words: Two poets and a professor on the place of poetry in the church By Marianne Jones
Easter poems: By contemporary Christian poets
Why child soldiers? Seven state militaries and 56 armed groups use children in conflict. We need to understand why and call for change. By David Kupp
In each issue
Behind the scenes: Peace amid the noise. Finding spiritual solace in walking--and poetry? By the editors
Talking points: Podcast lineup, Recent web posts, Upcoming webinars, Milestones
Cross connections: Clarifying conscience. How do we defend right and wrong? By columnist David Guretzki
- Coffee and more in NB shop: Social enterprise makes a difference in Saint John
- Inspiring ideas
- BridgeNorth works to end sexual slavery in Ontario and beyond
- Genesis summit focuses on spiritual transformation
- Businesspeople seek connection: Canadian Christian business federation growing rapidly
- Noteworthy: Newsbits
- Theology Pub Nights quench thirst for dialogue: College offers relaxed vibe to discuss theology
By the numbers: Social issues that divide voters. Either/or questions on abortion, assisted death, sexual minorities, religious symbols
At issue: A reason for hope. The issues facing Canadian society can seem overwhelming, but we can be confident our country is in the hands of a gracious God.
The gathering place: A matter of equal protection. Advocating for our neighbours with disabilities. By columnist Bruce J. Clemenger
Church in community: Offering a dance studio to the community.
News from the EFC: Resisting expansion of euthanasia law. How Porn Harms: What the Church Needs to Know. Refugee and good neighbour resource. Conscience protection in health care. Letter on election dates. Young adult research presentations. EFC community calendar.
History lesson: Baby Boomer religion. Those born in the 1950s changed our churches. By columnist Kevin Flatt
Go with God: Standing up straighter. We are born incurvatus in se. But we don't have to stay that way. By columnist Carolyn Arends
Religion Watch: The Galli bombshell. Fallout from evangelical magazine's editorial on Trump. By columnist James A. Beverley
Global village By columnist C. David Donaldson
- Russian evangelicals co-operate
- Freed in India after nine years
- Australian churches respond to fires
Books & culture: Reviews
- The Subversive Evangelical: The Ironic Charisma of an Irreligious Megachurch by Peter J. Schuurman
- Faith, Life and Leadership: 8 Canadian Women Tell Their Stories by Margaret Gibb
- This is Not the End: Manafest
- The Seamless Life: A Tapestry of Love & Learning, Worship & Work by Steve Garber
- Five Wives by Joan Thomas
- Artwork by Christy Hayhoe
Christ & culture in Canada: The actual "gospel" of Canadians. The Christianity many shrug at isn't the real thing. By columnist John G. Stackhouse, Jr.