Features: Dallas Jenkins on his video series The Chosen; post-Covid spiritual growth; Pentecostal history in Canada and a slate of guest columnists displaying mentoring in action. View selections here or page through an online sample issue.
Click a blue headline below to read that article. Or get all these articles and more by starting a print subscription – now free to Canadian addresses!
Video intro: Watch a short videochat of the editors introducing the contents of this issue.
The FT Interview: Holly Fortier is owner of Nisto Consulting, a company that offers Indigenous awareness training across Canada. She’s also a filmmaker, actress and advocate. She spoke to Faith Today’s Karen Stiller about her identity as a First Nations Christian woman and what the Church has to learn.
Filmmaker Dallas Jenkins on The Chosen: Creatively experimental series downloaded and watched by millions By Peter Chattaway
Why we do a land acknowledgment in my church: Rejecting heresy, choosing reconciliation By Ken Shigematsu
Planning for post-Covid spiritual growth: We have inherited a set of everyday tools that can help open us to God By Sandra Broadus
Being Christian in a secular society: From cultural wars to positive engagement By Gordon T. Smith
Building a Canada-wide church: The story of Canada-wide Pentecostalism in Canada By Michael Wilkinson and Linda Ambrose
In each issue
Behind the scenes: Mentoring in action. Welcome to a special "share the mic" issue. By the editors
Talking points: Podcast lineup, New webinars, Recent web posts, Milestones, Readers write, Contributors
Cross connections: Gaps in my resume. And why I'm not going to explain them. By guest columnist Lindsay Callaway
By the numbers: Long-term care in the pandemic.
Witness: On a journey. By guest columnist Daniel Zacharias
News. Notes. Ideas
- B-ringing hope during the Covid-19 pandemic. Trinity Western University music student strikes the right chord.
- Artist launches new book. Calls Christian community to creation care.
- Inspiring ideas. Covid causes church aid program to go mobile. Hope for refugees. Gathering within restrictions.
- Winnipeg pastor helps others see more clearly. Organization wins award.
- National evangelical organization focuses on reconciliation. Renewed focus on long-held concerns.
- Noteworthy. Social media for the persecuted church. Government support weakens the the Church. Bible-based trauma therapy has remarkable results. Protestant church closures accelerating. Evaluating the state of the Church in 2020. And more.
- Second-hand shop full of second chances: Sex trade survivor helps others.
The gathering place: A national reckoning. A time to lament, a time to heal. By columnist Bruce J. Clemenger
News from the EFC: Upholding prostitution laws. Freedom of conscience. Religious freedom verdict. Porn sites need age verification. Ontario letter on pandemic restrictions. Conversion therapy definition too wide. Pandemic prayer prompts. Weekly EFC prayer prompts. Refugee Sunday.
At issue: How (and why) to be nice to your MP.
History lesson: Richard Brothers: How Canada adapted and innovated for higher education. By guest columnist Baiyu Andrew Song
Go with God: Seeking to belong. Our shared identity in Christ frees us to celebrate our uniqueness. By guest columnist Selene Lau
Religion watch: Korean religious group growing worldwide. Christian prayer and care needed. By guest columnist Steve Matthews
Global village By columnist David Donaldson
- Migrants as evangelists
- Malaysia relents on "Allah"
- Ukraine and Russia border tensions
- Call for peace in Colombia
Books & culture: Reviews
- Now, How Shall We Be? This Cultural Moment and Our Christian Response by Mark R. Glanville and Luke Glanville
- Little Theologians: Children, Culture, and the Making of Theological Meaning by David M. Csinos
- Can I Believe? Christianity for the Hesitant by John G. Stackhouse, Jr.
- All Things Wise and Wonderful: A Christian Understanding of How and Why Things Happen, in Light of COVID-19 by E. Janet Warren
- Reading the Bestsellers: Extraordinary Canadians: Stories From the Heart of Our Nation: by Peter Mansbridge, with Mark Bulgutch
- Canadian Creatives: Light at the End of the Tunnel by Christine Peterkin
Christ & culture in Canada: Joan and the rotting deck. Finding God in unexpected places. By guest columnist Maria Hovey.