Cover essays in this issue reflect on hospitality. Which selected articles are posted here on our website? Check here to find out.
Click a blue headline below to read that article. Or get all our latest articles by starting a print subscription – now free to Canadian addresses!
FT interview: One on one with Neil Cudney, director of organizational and spiritual life and administration with Christian Horizons
Widening our welcome: How God gives us life through our hospitality By Renée James
Room in the circle: How hospitality changed one man, our church and our family. By Karen Hiebert
Enriched by hospitality: Seeing God over decades of welcome hands. By Darlene Pinter
Ministries pivot in the pandemic: How Christian charities are adapting their outreach. By Amy MacLachlan. Online only: More profiles of ministry pivots during Covid-19
Negotiating essentials: Church leaders need to be proactively involved in government pandemic response. By Laena Maunula Otte
Self-reflection for the straight. How are we doing with the plank in our own eye when it comes to sexuality? By Rod Wilson
In each issue
Behind the scenes: Sheltered by love. God’s care for us, felt through people. By the editors
Talking points: Podcast lineup, Recent web posts, Readers write, Webinars, Milestones, Contributors
Cross connections: Mixed emotions. Our season of happy hurt and painful joy. By columnist David Guretzki
News. Notes. Ideas
- From big waste to good use: Lionhearts ministry provides service that helps many
- Retreat centre used for migrant workers' isolation: Repurposing space helps workers and staff
- Inspiring ideas
- Quebec church a loving presence in community Le Flambeau Church a friend to those in need
- Noteworthy: Newsbits
- Website provides faith-based tools to address abuse
Church in community: Welcoming the nations through English language classes
News from the EFC: Racism statement. Pandemic support for charities and church resources. Support for trafficking survivors. Brief on palliative care. Conversion therapy bans.
The gathering place: God our comforter: We cry out! Comforting those who mourn, restoring broken relations. By columnist Bruce J. Clemenger
At issue: COVID-19, help for charities and conversion therapy
Go with God: Listen to the groans. What cries for justice tell us about God's plans for his world. By columnist Carolyn Arends
History lesson: Who is my neighbour? Anti-Catholic prejudice in Canada. By columnist Kevin Flatt
Religion watch: Qu'ran history upheaval. New scholarship deflates Islamic claims about the Qur'an. By columnist James A. Beverley
Global village By columnist David Donaldson
- Reconciliation in Kosovo
- Intolerance in Spain
- Persecution in Iran and India
Books & culture: Reviews.
- On the Road with St. Augustine: A Real-World Spirituality for Restless Hearts by James K.A. Smith
- Bearing God's Name: Why Sinai Still Matters by Carmen Joy Imes
- The Theology of Benedict XVI: A Protestant Appreciation. Edited by Tim Perry
- Artwork by Fiona Moes Pel
- Wherever She Goes: A Novel. By K.L. Armstrong
Christ & culture in Canada: The New Moralism: Tackling a passel of pressing problems. By columnist John G. Stackhouse Jr.