Theme for this issue: "Hospitality." Which selected articles will be posted online, and when? Check here to find out.
Subscribe today to get complete access to all articles! Personal print subscription is now free in Canada. Click a headline shown in blue below to read that article.
FT interview: One on one with Neil Cudney, director of organizational and spiritual life and administration with Christian Horizons
Widening our welcome: How God gives us life through our hospitality By Renée James
Room in the circle: How hospitality changed one man, our church and our family. By Karen Hiebert
Enriched by hospitality: Seeing God over decades of welcome hands. By Darlene Pinter
Ministries pivot in the pandemic: How Christian charities are adapting their outreach. By Amy MacLachlan. Online only: More profiles of ministry pivots during Covid-19
Negotiating essentials: Church leaders need to be proactively involved in government pandemic response. By Laena Maunula Otte
Self-reflection for the straight. How are we doing with the plank in our own eye when it comes to sexuality? By Rod Wilson
In each issue
Behind the scenes: Sheltered by love. God’s care for us, felt through people. By the editors
Talking points: Podcast lineup, Recent web posts, Readers write, Webinars, Milestones, Contributors
Cross connections: Mixed emotions. Our season of happy hurt and painful joy. By columnist David Guretzki
News. Notes. Ideas
- From big waste to good use: Lionhearts ministry provides service that helps many
- Retreat centre used for migrant workers' isolation: Repurposing space helps workers and staff
- Inspiring ideas
- Quebec church a loving presence in community Le Flambeau Church a friend to those in need
- Noteworthy: Newsbits
- Website provides faith-based tools to address abuse
Church in community: Welcoming the nations through English language classes
News from the EFC: Racism statement. Pandemic support for charities and church resources. Support for trafficking survivors. Brief on palliative care. Conversion therapy bans.
The gathering place: God our comforter: We cry out! Comforting those who mourn, restoring broken relations. By columnist Bruce J. Clemenger
At issue: COVID-19, help for charities and conversion therapy
Go with God: Listen to the groans. What cries for justice tell us about God's plans for his world. By columnist Carolyn Arends
History lesson: Who is my neighbour? Anti-Catholic prejudice in Canada. By columnist Kevin Flatt
Religion watch: Qu'ran history upheaval. New scholarship deflates Islamic claims about the Qur'an. By columnist James A. Beverley
Global village By columnist David Donaldson
- Reconciliation in Kosovo
- Intolerance in Spain
- Persecution in Iran and India
Books & culture: Reviews.
- On the Road with St. Augustine: A Real-World Spirituality for Restless Hearts by James K.A. Smith
- Bearing God's Name: Why Sinai Still Matters by Carmen Joy Imes
- The Theology of Benedict XVI: A Protestant Appreciation. Edited by Tim Perry
- Artwork by Fiona Moes Pel
- Wherever She Goes: A Novel. By K.L. Armstrong
Christ & culture in Canada: The New Moralism: Tackling a passel of pressing problems. By columnist John G. Stackhouse Jr.