Celebrate with us!
Faith Today won four awards last week from the Canadian Christian Communicators Association, plus another nine second/third place awards. Congratulations to all the winners!
Here are the honourable mentions:
- Editorial (magazine) third place: Seeking Election Wisdom, by David Guertzki
- Column (magazine) second place: Go With God series, by Carolyn Arends
- Service journalism, second place: Crisis Response: How your church can help when disaster or tragedy strikes in Canada, by Karen Stiller and Marion Goertz
- Personal experience/First person account (circulation 10,000+), third place: Beauty Instead of Ashes: How a sad church service ushered in healing for pregnancy loss by Anna Spray
- News photo (magazine) third place: Crisis Response to Hurricane Florence in Ottawa, by Philip Maher
- Feature layout & design (magazine circulation 10,000+) second place: Being More Pedestrian, Designer: Janice Van Eck with photos by Shutterstock, William Bout
- Edition layout & design (magazine circulation 10,000+) second place: Nov/Dec issue, designer: Janice Van Eck
- Video production third place: The Evangelical Fellowship of Canada for Known for Love: Emerging Evangelicals, Producer: Joel Gordon and Director: Malik Dieleman
- General excellence in a magazine, second place: Jan/Feb, Mar/Apr and May/Jun issues of 2019, Designer: Janice Van Eck and Editors: Bill Fledderus and Karen Stiller.
Faith Today and Love Is Moving are also co-sponsors for a Student Award category, which was won this year by Kayla Boone of The King's University for her article Called to Justice, about the Report on Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls (in Christian Courier).
And last month, Faith Today writers won awards in the annual contest held by The Word Guild, a national association of writers and other interested Christians.
Others who made the TWG shortlist included Karen Stiller. David Guretzki, Darlene Pinter and Patricia Paddey.
Faith Today is a sponsor of The Debra Fieguth Award for social justice, named after a former Faith Today writer. It went to Ruth Coghill of Bobcaygeon, Ont., and Sarah Davison of Guelph, Ont., for Unborn. Untold. True Stories of Abortion and God's Healing Grace (Word Alive Press).
Read a complete list of winners at www.TheWordGuild.com/Media