Feature essays for this issue discuss racism, euthanasia, Christian universities and more. Which selected articles are posted here on our website? Check here to find out.
Click a headline shown in blue below to read that article.
FT interview: One on one with Gary Stagg, executive director of Open Doors Canada
From the ground up: On racism and reconciliation thunder By Joel Gordon
Room at the table: When you feel alone at the big table of ministry By Renée James
Longing to belong: How do Christians live out our welcome and inclusion of minorities? By Sherman Lau
Appointment with God: Walking with my father through the temptation of euthanasia. By Larry Worthen
Why attend a Christian university? Three things Christian universities do best. By Adam Stewart
Are we relaunching or replanting? Maybe gardeners are better models for us than rocket scientists. By Preston Pouteaux
Government's call to do justice How a society can seek justice when there are so many ways to define it. By Preston Pouteaux
In each issue
Behind the scenes: Seeing more clearly. Tackling racism in the Canadian church. By the editors
Talking points: Podcast lineup, Recent web posts, Readers write, Webinars, Milestones, Contributors
Cross connections: Fundamentalisms and the Word of God. Knowing God and ourselves under the authority of Scripture. By columnist David Guretzki
News. Notes. Ideas
- Pets of vulnerably housed people: Beloved pets offer purpose, and need attention and care
- Pastors gather to discuss racism: Ottawa initiative an important step
- Inspiring ideas
- Christian resource on sex ed for kids: It's not a Ted Talk on the uterus
- Community groups impacted by church closures: When churches close the impact goes far and wide
- Noteworthy: Newsbits
- Painting at home raises funds: Unique fundraiser has donated thousands
Church in community: Art as a blessing
News from the EFC: Racism statement. Pandemic support for charities and church resources. Support for trafficking survivors. Brief on palliative care. Conversion therapy bans.
The gathering place: Conscience in an age of choice: Acting with integrity in a morally diverse society By columnist Bruce J. Clemenger
At issue: Stewarding sacred seeds. A working group at The Evangelical Fellowship of Canada recently reviewed the history of the EFC's engagement in reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples and is now developing strategies to prompt conversation and action.
History lesson: The apostle of Pictou. Faithfully serving in an unexpected calling. By columnist Kevin Flatt
Go with God: Transformation takes time. What cries for justice tell us about God's plans for his world. By columnist Carolyn Arends
Religion watch: Believers beware. How well do we really understand conspiracy theories? By columnist James A. Beverley
Global village By columnist David Donaldson
- Outcry over Hagia Sophia decision
- Spain pledges improvements
- Youth renewal in Brazil missions
- Attacks on churches increase in Europe
Books & culture: Reviews.
- All that Belongs: A Novel by Dora Dueck
- Living for God in a Pagan Society: What Daniel Can Teach Us by James R. Coggins
- Why Would Anyone Go to Church? A Young Community's Quest to Reclaim Church for God by Kevin Makins
- You Are What You Do: And Six Other Lies About Work, Life & Love by Daniel Im
- Artwork by Sylvia D. Woods
- The Quintland Sisters: A Novel by Shelley Wood
Christ & culture in Canada: Decision by crowd. What it means for a Christian minority when majority rules. By columnist John G. Stackhouse Jr.