Cover articles for this issue reflect on spiritual growth, mental health and more. Which selected articles have been posted online? Check here to find out.
Click a headline shown in blue below to read that article.
Spiritual growth in a pandemic: Why trying to make the most of it might not be the best solution By Alistair Sterne
The FT Interview: One on one with Lennett J. Anderson, pastor of Emmanuel Baptist Church in Hammonds Plains, N.S. and the newly appointed lecturer in leadership and racial justice at Acadia Divinity College
Rethinking how Evangelicals view mental health: The need to revise our framework By Mark Vander Vennen
Pastors are not supposed to be good people: By Cole Hartin
Pastoral isolation: Resisting this occupational hazard is essential to keeping moral integrity By Dean Davey
The long and winding journey to faith: Rethinking our role as Christians in the lives of unbelieving neighbours. By Alex Newman
Layoff lessons: What might God be teaching me in this difficult time? By Evelyn Pederson.
The value of theological education: Going back to school in midlife brings many surprises – and it’s worth it By Patricia Paddey
In each issue
Behind the scenes: Wrapped in His care. Christian rhythms through the pandemic. By the editors
Talking points: Podcast lineup, Recent web posts, Readers write, Webinars, Milestones, Contributors
Cross connections: How to keep on keeping on. Persevering in Christ. By columnist David Guretzki
By the numbers: Medical assistance in dying (MAID) With legislation changing, how are Canadians viewing issues around assisted dying? A page of infographics
Witness: Standing in a long line. By Fawnda Bullshields
News. Notes. Ideas
- Maggie John leads Context First black Canadian host takes the lead.
- Pastors need care too Ministry offers mental health care for leaders
- Inspiring ideas
- Jesuit retreat centre shifts gears Offers shelter for the vulnerably housed
- Christian Direction head retires after 30-plus years at the helm Reflections on what's next for Quebec
- Noteworthy: Newsbits
- Kurios program changes with Covid
The gathering place: Pandemic leadership: Sound habits for unusual times By columnist Bruce J. Clemenger
News from the EFC: Defending people with disabilities. Year-end videos. Conversion therapy ban too broad. Faith formation research. Online prayer events. Small church research. EFC speakers in your online gathering? Churches can help refugees.
At issue: Church closure during Covid. Canadian churches navigate the challenging waters of religious freedom and public health when in-person services are suspended
History lesson: Old Order Mennonites: Is there anything for Evangelicals to learn? By columnist Kevin Flatt
Go with God: Getting creative. Our urge to make stuff tells us something important. By columnist Carolyn Arends
Religion watch: Apologizing for Jesus. Defending the faith is thriving today. By columnist James A. Beverley
Global village By columnist David Donaldson
- Immigrants influential for faith
- Equipping Chinese church leaders
- Apologetics in Africa
Books & culture: Reviews
- God Walk: Moving at the Speed of Your Soul by Mark Buchanan
- Sex and the City of God: A Memoir of Love and Longing by Carolyn Weber
- Prayer as Transgression? The Social Relations of Prayer in Healthcare Settings by Sheryl Reimer-Kirkham et. al.
- The Heart Beats in Secret by Katie Munnink
- Bestseller: One Good Reason: Memoir of Addiction and Recovery, Music and Love by Séan McCann with Andrea Aragono
- Canadian Creatives: Seeds of Transformation by Dee Poisson
Christ & culture in Canada: Learning about teaching from the Catholics. Navigating the whirlwind of interpretive pluralism. By columnist John G. Stackhouse Jr.