Magazines 2017 Sep - Oct 2017 Sep/Oct Table of Contents - Vol 35 No 5
2017 Sep/Oct Table of Contents - Vol 35 No 5
Welcoming Refugees. Waves of refugees fleeing South Sudan's turmoil have landed in camps across the border in northern Uganda. Faith Today went to see the situation firsthand.
Subscribe today to get complete access to all articles!
FT interview: One on one with Alpha Canada’s Shaila Visser
Welcoming refugees: Faith Today visited Uganda with Samaritan’s Purse to see the world’s worst refugee crisis – and how Uganda and partners are responding. By Karen Stiller
Fearless: Christians are part of culture and culture is part of us. By Anna Robbins
Key skills for serving in a leadership role at church: A veteran leader shares the top five skills every church leader should nurture. By Rick Franklin
Does the reformation still matter? We must never forget the priority of God’s grace. By David Guretzki
How two reformation leaders found faith: Conversion stories remind us God’s grace has many facets. By Terry Hiebert
Stability is the key: Helping children after a divorce. By Alex Newman
In each issue
Behind the scenes: Not ruled by fear: God’s love is stronger. By Karen Stiller and Bill Fledderus
Talking points: Letters to the editor, Milestones, New on our blog
- Mercy Me partners with Trinity Western University
- Alpha launches new programs this fall
- Inspiring ideas
- Canadian organizations fight pornography and sex trafficking
- Play about persecuted Christians tours Canada this fall
- New Leaf Network builds community
- Emmanuel International plants trees in Malawi
- Church serves up Kraft Dinner in Summerside
- Note worthy
By the numbers: Our living arrangements
At issue: Euthanasia and assisted suicide. Canada limits hastened death to a narrow group, but the limits are being pushed wide.
The gathering place: Church is not a private club. How should society recognize the uniqueness of religious freedom? By columnist Bruce J. Clemenger
News from the EFC: Lunch chats with experts. Canadian pastor freed from North Korea. And more.
Question & answer: Witnessing and serving: Fred Weiss is executive director of Calgary-based Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association of Canada.
Go with God:Response-ability: Why contemplation is not just for contemplatives. By columnist Carolyn Arends
History lesson:The Reformation in Canada: It has more to do with our history than we might think. By columnist Kevin Flatt
Religion watch: Is this Korean church a cult? Investigating the World Mission Society Church of God By columnist James A. Beverley
Business matters: Whose kingdom are you building? And what do we mean by "profit"? By guest columnist Keith Knight
Global village By columnist C. David Donaldson
- Prayer and partnership for global mission
- Drought forcing more into prostitution
- Blasphemy cases rising in Indonesia
Books & culture: Reviews
- Where Do Broken Hearts Go? By W. Ross Hastings
- Evangelical, Sacramental and Pentecostal By Gordon T. Smith
- We Are The City Harmonic
- Artwork by Patty Bowman Kingsley
- The Benedict Option By Rod Dreher
- The Light in Us Jon Bauer
Christ & culture in Canada: Where does reformation come from? Why the periphery isn’t so bad after all. By columnist John G. Stackhouse, Jr.