May/Jun 2022 features: medically assisted dying and the church; hospitality; Ukrainian Evangelicals coping amid war; care for clergy abuse survivors; why we need Jesus to help end abuse; Christians at the convoy; interview with author Ann Voskamp
Click a blue headline below to read that article. Or get all these articles and more by starting a print subscription – now free to Canadian addresses!
Navigating medical assistance in dying: How the Church is encountering voluntary euthanasia. By Patricia Paddey
The Faith Today interview: One-on-one with best-selling author Ann Voskamp
Hospitality for anyone: The pandemic has shown us it can be easy to be inviting. By Karen Stiller
Ukrainian Evangelicals coping amid war: Canadians with connections share stories. By Craig Macartney
Trauma-informed care for clergy abuse survivors: Ten things churches can do. By Melodie Bissell
Why wasn't Jesus enough? To end abuse we need Jesus to help us face our humanity. By Ron Pagé
Christians at the convoy. How ordinary Christians ended up at Canada’s noisiest protest and what it reveals about clashing views on freedom. By Karen Stiller
In each issue
Behind the scenes: Digging for you. Going deep to feed your mind and spirit. By the editors
Talking points: Readers write, Milestones, Podcast lineup, Join the conversation, We asked contributors...
Cross connections: Time to refocus. Setting our priority amid pain and distraction. By columnist David Guretzki
At issue: Pro-life charities targeted.
News. Notes. Ideas
- Creativity spurs new media for kids. Bruce Stacey inspired by “greatest storyteller of all”
- Faith Trends. How are clergy doing? Margaret Clarke of Briercrest Seminary studied 519 clergy during the pandemic summer of 2020.
- Remembering the Dead Sea Scrolls Discovery. Canadian Martin Abegg helped share secret with the world.
- Inspiring ideas. Four churches, one youth ministry. Small town support. Art, books and produce to share. Church reviews for the undecided.
- Ministry partnership creates racism conversation guide. Free download for use in small groups
- New Leaf Network grows platform for Canadian Christian stories. Publishing and podcasting added to network’s strength
- Noteworthy. Pastor fined for feeding homeless. Catholic high school banned for sharing faith. Major differences between young and old evangelical donors. People are curious about religious devotion.
Church in community: Visiting, sharing, bringing. Tapestry Church in Richmond, B.C., shows a creative way to come alongside a not-for-profit housing project to love our neighbours
Global village: Room for Roma refugees. Supporting vulnerable children. Afghanistan among most dangerous. By columnist David Donaldson
The gathering place: Servanthood in a narcissistic age. Living counterculturally as the Body of Christ. By columnist Bruce J. Clemenger
News from the EFC: Prostitution law review. Civic engagement kit. Status of pro-life charities challenged. Family discipleship survey. New French materials. Canada Summer Jobs continues. Bill to protect children online. Weekly EFC prayer prompts. Don't downgrade trafficking penalty.
History lesson: Roman mandates and Christianity. Choosing how to follow the state is not a new question for Christians. By columnist Eric Crouse
Thriving in digital: Six digital tools your ministry can use right now. By columnist Joanna la Fleur
Books & culture:
Books & culture: Extended online reviews
Christ & culture in Canada: Sorry, but you're not my neighbour. Accepting our limitations can improve our contribution to God's mission. By columnist John G. Stackhouse Jr.