May/Jun 2023 features: new study on parents, kids and faith; artificial intelligence; balancing righteousness and justice; putting discipleship ahead of church; interview with Cathie Ostapchuk of Gather Women Canada
Click a blue headline below to read that article. Or get all these articles and more by starting a print subscription – now free to Canadian addresses!
Parents, kids & faith: A new study examines home discipling of Canadian children and sparks discussions about how churches support parents. By Ilana Reimer
The Faith Today interview: One on one with Cathie Ostapchuk, cofounder of Gather Women Canada.
Artificial intelligence is suddenly popular. But is it wise? Christian experts reflect on computers that can research and compose text. By Adam MacInnis
Balancing righteousness and justice. A challenge in Christian faith and practice. By Stacey McKenzie
Putting discipleship ahead of church. Churches where inverting expectations is bringing good fruit. By Keith Shields
In each issue
Behind the scenes. A little excitement. Always something new in Canada’s Christian conversation. By Bill Fledderus and Karen Stiller
Talking points. Podcast lineup, Readers write, Milestones
Cross connections. Facing the pastoral challenges of euthanasia. By David Guretzki.
At issue. Reviewing human rights in Canada. For prayer and action.
News. Notes. Ideas
- Alberta program offers alternative justice. Eight month program after high school
- Christian films with quality. Screenwriting initiative trains filmmakers
- Faith Today TV now available. A new way to enjoy Faith Today content
- Inspiring ideas: Community tables / Reading into the future / Pictures-imperfect renovations / Inviting visitors
- A sheep farmer's understanding of the 23rd Psalm (extended online version of shorter print article)
- Faith Trends: Parenting Faith
- Late Winnipeg artist writes legacy
- Noteworthy: Young Canadians are more likely to value religion / Ministry takes a toll / Increasing hatred toward religious communities / Church finances improving / Christians have fewer doubts than non-Christians
Church and community. Organizing a blood donation drive at Easter.
Global village. Local leadership, role of women themes in mission; Cambodia celebrates church centennial; African reconciliation network launches By columnist David Donaldson
Fellowship skills series. How to be kind. By Anna Robbins
The gathering place. Living under authority. Our witness of the sovereignty of God. By columnist Bruce J. Clemenger.
News from the EFC. Call to reverse hastened death for mental illness. MAiD expansion proposed, lamented. Call at UN to protect vulnerable Canadians. Commissioning address by EFC President. New study on small churches. New resource on disability. Speakers for your church or event. Ignite prayer events.
History lesson. Blessed enemies: Hated American preachers who helped shape our nation. By David Doherty
Thriving in digital. The dangers and opportunities of TikTok: What you need to know. By columnist Joanna la Fleur
Christ & culture in Canada. Is Canada woke? What Christians can make of this loaded term. By John Stackhouse Jr.
Books & culture